Thursday, May 3, 2012

Calendar Squares

Being a military spouse, there are many phrases I use on a daily basis that are completely foreign to the rest of the english-speaking world. I learned about calendar squares only about a month before my husband deployed, but they were instantly something that affect me on a weekly basis.

I'm constantly either thinking about, dreading, planning, taking pictures for, creating, or planning my day around turning in calendar squares!

Calendar squares are little scrapbook pages (our squadron makes 8"x8" calendar squares because the "ready room" is small) that are hung in a calendar format (31 for January, 28 for February, etc) on a monthly basis as the squadron's monthly calendar in their "ready room" - the room they spend the majority of the day in. They looooooove seeing photos from home, a new set of calendar squares, and therefore a new set of photos, on a monthly basis.

Seriously..LOVE.

I dread them so much because I send SO many pictures to my husband instantly via email from my phone, that I have to actually sit and take photos of Brooklyn that are specifically for calendar squares, then upload them to my computer, print them on photo paper, cut them out, make a scrapbook page, etc etc etc. The only thing that motivates me is my husband's excitement every time a new month is posted. He is so happy when he lucks out and gets 2 calendar squares in 1 month.

Here is a photo I tweeted of my most recent squares!


No comments:

Post a Comment